Classified in: Oil industrySubject: SVY
Global LNG Infrastructure Market Outlook Report, 2020-2025
DUBLIN, Feb. 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The "LNG Infrastructure Market - Growth, Trends and Forecast (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The LNG Gas flow is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period.
The global LNG infrastructure market, following a continuous growth since 2016, is expected to grow during the forecast period as well. The global nominal liquefaction capacity increased by nearly 30 million tonnes per annum (MTPA) in 2018, as compared to 362 MTPA in 2017.
Regasification terminal, on the other hand, stood at around 824 MTPA capacity during the 2018 end. The regasification infrastructure increased by 22 MTPA, with the highest capacity addition by China.
The market drivers for LNG Infrastructure include the growing uses of natural gas in various sectors such as power, to have lower carbon emissions and the investments that the nations around the world are investing in having a cleaner environment. However, the alternative source of energy, such as nuclear energy production and renewable technology developments in various regions may act as a restraint for the market to grow during the forecast period.
The LNG Infrastructure Market is fragmented. The key players in the LNG infrastructure market include JGC Holdings Corporation, Chiyoda Corporation, Bechtel Corporation, Fluor Corporation, McDermott International, and Saipem.
- Regasification LNG Terminals is expected to dominate the market and with the addition of upcoming LNG regasification terminals in China and India, Asia-Pacific is expected to remain the dominant market in the LNG infrastructure market.
- As per the Energy Information Administration (EIA), non-OECD Asian countries like China, India, Bangladesh, Thailand, and Vietnam are expected to consume 120 billion cubic feet per day (bcf/d) of natural gas by 2050, outpacing regional natural gas production by 50 bcf/d. The supply imbalance in the region is likely to result in increasing dependency on the other regions, which is expected to create an opportunity for the LNG infrastructure companies to penetrate into these markets.
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the LNG infrastructure market with the presence of both liquefication and regasification terminals. Countries such as Australia, Indonesia, and Malaysia have the highest capacity liquefication terminals, while Japan, South Korea, China, and India have the highest capacity infrastructure for regasification of LNG.
Major Market Trends
Regasification LNG Terminals to Dominate the Market
- During 2018, regasification terminals accounted for highest market share in the LNG infrastructure market. Regasification terminals cover nearly 67% of the total global LNG terminals capacity, with maximum terminal capacity terminals in Asia-Pacific. Regasification terminals are majorly built by the LNG importing countries. Asia-Pacific is the largest consumer of LNG in 2018 and has the highest capacity of LNG regasification terminals.
- In 2018, Japan, South Korea, China, and India dominated the region with a large capacity of LNG regasification terminals. With the addition of upcoming LNG regasification terminals in China and India, Asia-Pacific is expected to remain the dominant market in the LNG infrastructure market.
- The cost of LNG terminals varies depending upon the technology and location of deployment or installation. Generally, the capital expenditure of the LNG terminal normally costs around USD 180 million per million tonnes of LNG, while its operating cost varies from USD 90,000-100,000 per day.
- Apart from Asia-Pacific LNG regasification terminals, the addition of Panama's first LNG regasification terminal (Costa Norte) in South America and Turkey's Dortyol LNG regasification terminal are the key LNG projects that got commissioned during 2018.
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- During 2018, the Asia-Pacific region dominated the LNG infrastructure market, with nearly 150 MTPA liquefication terminal and more than 450 MTPA regasification terminals. Japan and Australia are the leading countries within the region, with 24% of the global regasification capacity, and 19% of the global liquefication capacity, respectively.
- The addition of Wheatstone LNG and Gorgon LNG in Australia are the prominent LNG infrastructure that was added up to the liquefication infrastructure during 2018. Moreover, the region has added five new LNG regasification terminals, including three in China, one in Japan and one in Bangladesh.
- BHP Billiton, BP, Chevron, Shell, Woodside, Mitsubishi, Mitsui, Qatar Petroleum, ExxonMobil, TOTAL, and Marubeni are the prominent liquefaction players in Asia-Pacific. At the same time, Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO), Tokyo Gas, Toho Gas, Korea Gas Corporation (KOGAS), Petronet LNG, China National Oil Offshore Company (CNOOC), and Chubu Electric are the prominent players for regasification players in the region.
Key Topics Covered
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3 RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4 MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 List of LNG Terminals by Capacity, and by Location
4.3 List of Upcoming Terminals by Capcity and Location
4.4 CAPEX Forecast for LNG Terminals Market, till 2025
4.5 Recent Trends and Developments
4.6 Government Policies and Regulations
4.7 Market Dynamics
4.8 Supply Chain Analysis
5 MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 North America
5.1.4 South America
5.1.5 Middle-East and Africa
6 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 JGC Holdings Corporation
6.3.2 Chiyoda Corporation
6.3.3 Bechtel Corporation
6.3.4 Fluor Corporation
6.3.5 McDermott International Inc.
6.3.6 Saipem S.p.A.
6.3.7 John Wood Group PLC
6.3.8 Vinci Construction
6.3.9 Royal Haskoning DHV
6.3.10 Technip FMC PLC
7 MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/kg1zf5
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
These press releases may also interest you
ValvTechnologies, Inc., the global leader in the design and manufacturing of zero-leakage severe service isolation valve solutions is pleased to announce the appointment of David Birks as Regional Sales Director for the Middle East and Africa. Birks...
Perpetual Energy Inc. ("Perpetual" or the "Company") is pleased to announce that it has sold a 50% working interest in its East Edson property for consideration consisting of $35 million in cash and the carried interest funding of the Company's...
The interest rate on the Tennessee Valley Authority 1999 Series A Putable Automatic Rate Reset Securities bonds, which are traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TVE, will be reset from 3.360% to 2.216% on May 1, 2020. ...
Talisker Resources Ltd. ("Talisker" or the "Company") is pleased to announce partial results from the first drill hole at the Bralorne Gold Project located in British Columbia. Talisker is undertaking a 11,200m drill program targeting high-grade...
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, American Electric Power has changed the location of its Annual Meeting of Shareholders to the AEP Transmission building at 8500 Smith's Mill Road, New Albany, OH 43054. The meeting is still scheduled for Tuesday, April...
The Edison Awards winners were announced on March 25, 2020. The Prediction-as-a-Service solution by VIE Technologies Inc. was presented with the Gold Award for Sustainable IOT in the Energy & Sustainability category. VIE Technologies was chosen as a...
News published on 27 february 2020 at 09:15 and distributed by: