Classified in: Science and technology
, Covid-19 virusSubject: MRR
Data Center Substation Market Size Worth $14.80 Billion By 2030: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 25, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- The global data center substation marketásize is expected to reach USD 14.80 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 5.6% from 2021 to 2030, according to a study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. Data centers are a vital part of the IT infrastructure of the digitized society. New data-intensive technologies and high-speed wireless networks have led to an increased demand for data centers among businesses of all sizes, right from major electricity-intensive industries to limited enterprise computing centers.
Key Insights & Findings:
- The switchgear segment held the largest market share in 2020 and is expected to register the fastest growth of CAGR 7.1% over the forecast period owing to the rising data center construction activities worldwide
- The Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) sub-segment held the largest share in the switchgear segment. The rising energy demand and replacement of conventional switchgear at data center substations are driving the demand for gas-insulated switchgear
- In 2020, the above 500kV segment accounted for the largest market share, capturing over 38.8% of the overall demand. A rise in demand for medium to high voltage substations played a pivotal role in driving the demand for this segment
- North America emerged as a market leader and accounted for 38.0% of the global revenue share in 2020, owing to the presence of data-intensive incumbents as well as start-ups in the region. The region boasts a large number of data center constructions, which, in turn, is increasing the demand for energy-efficient data center substations
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to emerge as the fastest-growing region over the forecast period.
- The global market is characterized by intense competition among established players such as Eaton; Siemens Energy; Schneider Electric; General Electric; and Hitachi ABB Powergrids Inc. Key market players are focused on introducing technologically advanced products to cater to the market demands
Read 110 page market research report, "Data Center Substation Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Component, By Voltage Type (33kV - 110kV, 110kV - 220kV, 220kV - 500kV, Above 500kV), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2021 - 2030", by Grand View Research
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the exponential rise in data generated and consumed by various individuals and organizations has led to the surge in demand for data storage, resulting in the rising number of reliable and efficient data centers. Globally, data centers are evolving as computational hubs for several enterprises and end users with the increasing number of work-from-home jobs. As a result, the unprecedented rise in data generation and the need to improve the performance of data centers have boosted the demand for constructing new data centers and restoring the existing ones. Thus, an increase in the number of data center restoration and construction projects is likely to provide growth avenues for the market in near future.
The rising demand for electrical power systems that are smart, automated, and can help reduce the carbon footprint serves as a catalyst for advancements in the market. Substations with Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) are unrivaled in terms of reliability, compactness, efficiency, safety, and providing maximum power availability. Their low maintenance and robust design help minimize the substation footprint. Though GIS substations have a high initial cost, they have a longer lifecycle and require minimum maintenance, serving to reduce lifecycle operating expenses while maximizing the availability of power from the substation. Recent developments in key substation components, such as power transformers, gas-insulated switchgear, fiber-optic current sensors, and high-voltage circuit breakers, have enabled their digitization and moved into the digital age.
For instance, in March 2020, ABB introduced a purpose-built substation to offer tailored solutions to the rapidly growing data center industry. The substation is designed to be safe and highly reliable while enabling efficient operation and maintenance during the entire lifecycle. The new substation is around 30% smaller in size and utilizes 50% lesser copper on control cables. The substation replaces copper cables with fiber optics and reduces the physical connections through digitization. The rising focus on the replacement of old electrical substation infrastructure with upgraded, high-quality, modular, digital, and gas-insulated systems is also expected to augment the market growth.
Grand View Research has segmented the global data center substation market based on component, voltage type, and region:
- Data Center Substation Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- Air Insulated
- Gas Insulated
- Surge Arrestors
- Data Center Substation Voltage Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- 33 kV - 110 kV
- 110 kV - 220 kV
- 220 kV - 500 kV
- Above 500 kV
- Data Center Substation Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2018 - 2030)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East
List of Key Players in the Data Center Substation Market
- General Electric
- Hitachi ABB Powergrids Inc.
- NEI Electric Power Engineering, Inc.
- NR Electric Co., Ltd.
- S&C Electric Company
- Tesco Automation Inc.
- Hyosung Heavy Industries
- Schneider Electric
- Siemens Energy
Check out more studies on topics related data centers, conducted by Grand View Research:
- Data Center Construction Market ? The global data center construction market size was valued at USD 207.2 billion in 2019 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% from 2020 to 2027. The construction process essentially refers to activities involved in the designing, planning, and construction of a facility.
- Data Center Power Market ? The global data center power market size was valued at USD 6.80 billion in 2018 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.9% from 2019 to 2025. Increasing the need to store data on the cloud has resulted in an upsurge in a number of data centers across the globe.
- Data Center Colocation Market ? The global data center colocation market size was valued at USD 44.42 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13.3% from 2021 to 2028. Data centers have emerged as an inseparable part of modern business practices responsible for running critical business applications.
Browse through Grand View Research's coverage of the Global Communications Infrastructure Industry
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIná| Twitterá
These press releases may also interest you
Financial technology leader FIS« announced that Cadence Bank and FIS have agreed to transition its on-premises core banking platform to a FIS-hosted solution as the bank accelerates its modernization efforts.
Tupelo, Mississippi-based Cadence was...
Ness, a Full-Lifecycle Digital Services Transformation company, announced today that is has achieved Premier Partner status in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partner Network (APN). Achieving APN Premier Partner status differentiates Ness as an AWS...
As retirements swelled in 2021, financial advisors using LifeYield Social Security+ have uncovered more than $10 billion in additional, unanticipated income for their clients, or an average of $151,129 per client household over their benefit...
Doma Holdings, Inc. , a leading force for disruptive change in the real estate industry, announced that it will be featured at the KBW Innovation in Finance Conference. Doma's Chief Executive Officer Max Simkoff will join other leading PropTech CEOs...
Reltio, the first cloud-native, software-as-a-service (SaaS) data platform that accelerates data value for businesses, today announced that it has been named a leader in "The Forrester Wavetm: Master Data Management, Q4 2021" report by Forrester...
Agilysys, Inc. , a leading global provider of next-generation SaaS and on-premise hospitality software solutions and services, announced it will host its annual user conference, Inspire 2022, from February 28 through March 2 in Las Vegas.
News published on 25 october 2021 at 05:05 and distributed by: