Classified in: Health
, Covid-19 virusSubject: CPG
COVID-19 Pandemic - The government presents its daily update
QUÉBEC CITY, July 12, 2020 /CNW Telbec/ - The latest data of the evolution of COVID-19 in Québec reveal 114 new cases over the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of people infected to 56,521. During the same period, 3 new deaths were recorded, to which are added 4 deaths that occurred before July 4, for a total of 5,627. The number of hospitalizations decreased by 7, for an overall total of 306. Among these, 20 patients are in intensive care, a decrease of 2. On July 10, 10,753 tests were performed, for a cumulative total of 965,237.
Summary Data Evolution Table
New confirmed cases
Hospitalizations in intensive care
Please note that the data in the table was captured at 4 p.m. the day before the date shown and cover the preceding 24 hours, except for testing data, which is subject to a 48-hour availability delay and corresponds to tests made on the actual date shown.
A reminder concerning public health instructions
To limit to the utmost the virus' spread, it is important to:
- frequently wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water, especially when you come in from outside;
- use alcohol-based disinfectant on your hands if soap and water are unavailable;
- for anyone over the age of 16, remember that the physical distance of 2 meters is the general rule to respect. When it is not possible to do so, such as in public transit, wearing a face covering is highly recommended and will become mandatory as of July 13, 2020 for any individual over the age of 12;
- for any gathering in a private outdoor or indoor place, respect the maximum of 10 people. It is strongly recommended that these people come from a maximum of 3 different households.
- limit your travel as much as possible.
Should symptoms appear:
- cough into your elbow;
- immediately discard tissues after use and wash your hands;
- consult the Self-care Guide or call 1 877 644-4545 to find out about procedures to be followed.
SOURCE Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux
These press releases may also interest you
San Antonio-area law firms Wyatt Law Firm, PLLC, and Carabin Shaw are partnering to assist the South Texas Blood & Tissue Center's (STBTC) efforts to collect convalescent plasma for COVID-19 patients. The two firms will provide $50,000.00 each ?...
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) today continued to take action in the ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
As part of the FDA's effort to protect consumers, the agency issued a warning letter to one firm for selling unapproved...
Puma Biotechnology, Inc. , a biopharmaceutical company, announced that on August 4, 2020 the Compensation Committee of Puma's Board of Directors approved the grant of inducement restricted stock unit awards covering an aggregate of 32,000 shares of...
A July 30 article on Insider reported on a mother-daughter duo featured on the TLC show "sMothered," which followed the pair having plastic surgery together on the same day. The two women agreed that the experience helped them bond and strengthen...
Kaiser Permanente, the nation's largest nonprofit, integrated health care system, is committing $63 million to support California's contact-tracing work in order to reduce the number of Californians who contract COVID-19....
Liminal BioSciences Inc. ("Liminal BioSciences" or the "Company"), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, today reported its financial results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2020.
News published on 12 july 2020 at 11:00 and distributed by: