Classified in: HealthSubject: SVY
Injectable Drug Delivery: A 2-Day Seminar Presented by Experts (London, UK - March 18-19, 2020)
DUBLIN, Jan. 27, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Injectable Drug Delivery" conference has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
This seminar has been designed to provide all those working in the industry with the latest information on the next generation of injectable drugs and devices and an update on recent trends, technologies and applications. It will also be a great opportunity to meet industry leaders, as well as like-minded professionals, and share common experience and best practice.
Attending this two-day seminar, presented by experts in the field, will:
- Give you a valuable update on the advances in injection technology and drug delivery
- Present you with up-to-date information on the latest market trends and opportunities for your organisation
- Provide you with an opportunity to develop significant business partnerships
Injectable drug delivery is considered to be one of the most effective routes of administration due to the speed and effectiveness of delivery to the target, and recent developments have improved the patient experience.
The global injectable drug delivery market continues to grow and technology is advancing. This, coupled with the ever-changing regulatory requirements, means that it is imperative for companies to stay abreast of the latest developments and challenges within the industry in order to remain compliant, as well as gaining a competitive edge.
Programme Day One
Devices, technology, and latest trends
Latest developments for injectable drug delivery solutions
- Market overview and trends
- How can a science-driven CDMO help to accelerate developments for biologics? - Case study
Dr Thomas Schoenknecht
Recent advances in large-volume injection
- Large-volume autoinjectors
- Patch injectors
- Latest usability insights into autoinjector and patch injector systems
Developments in technology with injectables - digitalisation and smart technology
- Internet of me' - connected drug delivery advances
- Sustainable patient engagement for better outcomes
- Market forces and business drivers
Digital design in the development of injectable systems
- Hardware and software solutions
- Integration into the connected ecosystem
- Device management trends
Case study: Connected needle-free technology
- Adherence to treatment in injectable therapies for chronic disease is very low
- Opportunities with a new form of drug delivery that is needle-free
- Transforming the perception and approachability of therapies based on injectable biologics
- Next-gen needle-free drug delivery platform that is computer-controlled - Supporting patient needs
- Clinical and market studies - results and findings
Patient considerations and design processes
Assessing injection site pain
- Understanding how to measure pain and tolerability during injection and how to interpret the results
- Summary of recent clinical investigations
- Impact on the design and selection of drug delivery devices
Betwixt and between - managing the interface between PFS and autoinjector
- Understanding the physical interface between PFS and autoinjector
- A framework for ensuring compatibility across the interface
- Working together in harmony - the organisational interface between pharma, syringe manufacturer and device developer
Dr Jeffrey Philippson
Interactive panel discussion: Next-generation innovations in drug delivery
Moderator: Dr Gregory Berman
Panellists: Ian Thompson, Neil Williams, Markus Bauss, Dr Thomas Schoenknecht
Programme Day Two
Regulatory update and human factors
The EU regulatory framework for injectable delivery systems
- Deciding on your regulatory strategy
- Implications of the Medical Device Regulation (EU) 2017/74 and Article 117 for drug delivery systems
- Classification - the importance of getting it right from the start
- Combination products - drug/device, device/drug?
- Essential considerations for injectable medicinal products
- Brexit implications
Dr David Jefferys
Human factors validation - when is usability testing not required?
- Overview of regulatory guidelines covering human factors for combination products - Considerations for determining if a study will be required
- Utilising comparative analyses
- Approaches to compiling supporting evidence
Sustainability - its impact on self-care drug delivery
- The circular economy
- Sustainability and the pharma industry
Packaging and quality
Extractables and leachables (E&L) in injectable drug products
- The ongoing evolution of thresholds for control of E&L in drug products
Pre-filled syringes in a nutshell
- The components
- The building blocks
- Potential options
- Lure-tip syringes, dual-chamber pre-filled syringes and staked-in needles
- How everything comes together
Dr Andreas Rothmund
The relationship between the ICH guidelines for impurities and E&L thresholds
- ICH guidelines for impurities and non-mutagenic impurities
- Principles from the ICH guidelines for impurities that can be used for the risk assessment of E&L in drug products
Interactive panel discussion: The future with smart injection devices
Moderator: Dr Gregory Berman
Panellists: Ian Thompson and Dr Thomas Schoenknecht
Chair's closing remarks
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/umvzr6
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets
These press releases may also interest you
The nation's leader in MSK Ultrasound Injection Training, R3 Medical, announced today the course specials for the upcoming March 12th training in Las Vegas. Not only will each attendee receive a complimentary regenerative procedure, but also $500 off...
R3 Medical Training is now offering $500 off its upcoming two day Regenerative Aesthetics Course for those who register on the web site. The course is very hands on, including real patients, biologics and procedures. The code to use for the discount...
How to Deploy Root Cause & CAPA to Minimize Human Error An FDAnews Webinar Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 1:00-2:30 p.m. EST https://www.fdanews.com/minhumanerror
Do employees fail because of process weaknesses that set them up for failure from the start?...
18 fév 2020
Since its inception, Paragon 28® has obsessed over every aspect of foot and ankle surgery. Committed to creating tailored solutions to improve surgical outcomes, Paragon 28® has launched innovative products and instrumentation that help streamline...
18 fév 2020
Biotech Institute, LLC, the global leader in hemp and cannabis plant breeding, science, and innovation, and Booshoot, LLC ("Booshoot") announced today that they have finalized a groundbreaking technology licensing agreement that will set a new...
18 fév 2020
UBM BN Co., Ltd., the fair manager of SECON 2020 originally scheduled for 18 - 20 March 2020 has made the decision to reschedule the event to 6 - 8 July at KINTEX, Korea.
The decision is taken after careful consideration and close consultations...
News published on 27 january 2020 at 18:15 and distributed by: