Classified in: Transportation
, Science and technology
, BusinessSubject: SVY
Why Neighborhood Matters When Determining Car Insurance Rates
LOS ANGELES, July 13, 2019 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- Compare-autoinsurance.org has launched a new blog post that explains how the zip code can affect the price of car insurance premiums.
For more info and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/why-car-insurance-varies-by-zip-code/
Car insurance can help drivers overcome some delicate situations that involve the paying of medical bills, damage claims, and legal expenses. Some drivers get confused when they start comparing their insurance policies with their relatives or friends and they notice the huge differences between them. One of the most important reasons for these differences is the ZIP code.
The ZIP code can help the insurers find out more about the following factors that determine the insurance premiums:
- The number of claims in a certain area. Drivers that live in areas where the number of claims is high, will have to pay more money on their insurance rates.
- Population density. Living in an urban area is usually more expensive. The car insurance premiums paid by those living in high-density urban areas are higher when compared with the premiums paid by drivers that are living in the suburbs.
- Climate. Those who live in areas where the winters are longer and more severe are likely to pay more money on car insurance. Also, higher rates will be paid by drivers that live in areas known to be affected by floods, earthquakes, or tornadoes.
- Crime rates. In some areas, cars are stolen more often or they are vandalized. Especially in large port cities, where specialized gangs are known to steal vehicles in order to send them to foreign countries. Also, drivers have higher chances of getting their cars vandalized if they happen to live in large cities.
- Unemployment. In areas where the number of unemployed persons is high, there is also a high number of persons that are driving without insurance. Uninsured drivers who are causing an accident are responsible for large losses suffered by insurance providers. Insurance companies will compensate for that losses by increasing the premiums of their paying customers.
- Road conditions. Living in an area where the roads are filled with potholes will make the insurance costs go up. The same happens if there are any dangerous intersections nearby.
For additional info, money-saving tips and free car insurance quotes, visit https://compare-autoinsurance.org/
Compare-autoinsurance.org is an online provider of life, home, health, and auto insurance quotes. This website is unique because it does not simply stick to one kind of insurance provider, but brings the clients the best deals from many different online insurance carriers. In this way, clients have access to offers from multiple carriers all in one place: this website. On this site, customers have access to quotes for insurance plans from various agencies, such as local or nationwide agencies, brand names insurance companies, etc.
These press releases may also interest you
News published on 13 july 2019 at 11:10 and distributed by: